Imagine tasting that sweet crunch from home-grown carrots. You’re having an afternoon snack and dipping into some creamy humus or making dinner a Sunday Roast with some carrots grown by yourself. You feel like you are rocking life.
You’re not sure you can ever be that person. We believe in you. You can do this. You can grow your own carrots and we’re here to help.
We carefully chose a variety called Nantes 2 which is
- Easy to grow
- Fast maturing
- Home Grown friendly
That carrot crunch:
- Sweeter and more tender
- A more rounded variety
These are sown between 3 - March and 7 - July.
The sooner you plant the seeds the sooner they’ll grow. Don’t regret not planting them today.
🥕 How to grow Carrots from seed
- Find the right spot to plan them, you can sow these directly outdoors in the ground or in a container (a container should be at least 20cm deep and wide
- If you sow them directly outside put them in a weed free, sunny place in fertile, well-drained soil
- Sow them thinly at about 1cm deep around 30cm apart and water well
- They should be sown between March and July
- Once the shoots have pushed through they should be watered only to keep the soil moist
- When the seedlings are large enough to handle thin them out to about 5cm for each row