Lettuce Seeds Salad Bowl Variety
You're making a salad, but this one's going to be the greatest salad you ever made. Why is that? Because you're going to make it with lettuce leaves you've grown yourself.
You can do this! We believe in you!
We've carefully chosen a variety called Salad Bowl – and I'm excited about this one. Salad bowl lettuce is:
- Large and fast-growing
This lettuce is also the gift that keeps giving, you can cut its leaves, and it will still keep growing.
If you grow indoors, this can be sown any time of year.
🥬 How to grow Lettuce from seed
- From March to August you can sow these directly outdoors in prepared, fertile soil (they like sun or can be in semi shade).
- It’s preferable to rake the soil to a fine tilth
- Sow the seeds thinly at a depth of 1cm in drills around 30cm apart
- When the seeds are larger thin them out to 30cm apart
- Cover with a net to stop the insects and birds getting to it
- You can sow regularly to keep a constant supply