Have you ever tried beetroot in a salad? I remember the first time a friend gave me a salad with beetroot, and it changed my life. Now imagine that salad with home-grown beetroot. How much better is life now?
We know you can grow this beautiful beetroot. We believe in you.
We've carefully chosen a variety called Boltardy which is:
- Very easy to grow
- Grows well in containers
- Very popular and reliable
- Tolerant to some shade
And the taste, of course, we haven't forgotten about that. Your Botlhardy Beetroot has a deep red colour covered in a smooth skin. It's got a fresh, sweet flavour you won't forget, and those young shoots are deliciously sweet.
These can be planted until 7 - July.
The sooner you plant the seeds, the sooner they'll grow. Don't regret not planting them today.
🌿 How to grow Beetroot from seed
- You can sow beetroot directly outdoors between March and July
- Use weed-free, fertile, well-drained soil and place them in a sunny place
- Sow the seeds thinly in drills around 1cm deep and 30cm apart
- The shoots should come through between 12-24 days
- When the shoots are large enough to handle, thin out the seedlings with each row 5-7cm apart
- Keep the soil moist to keep it growing