Red Onion Seeds - Red Baron Variety - 250 Seeds
I fell in love with red onions once I started adding them to salads and burgers and they changed my life. Now no salad feels the same without the tangy crunch of a red onion (balanced off with some feta). However you like your red onions they’re going to taste ten times better from your home grown veg patch.
You’re not sure you can do that. We believe in you. You can do this. You can grow your own carrots and we’re here to help.
To help you find vegetable plants to grow at home, we carefully chose a variety called Red Baron which:
- Has a beautiful deep blood red colour
- Veg to grow in an apartment
- Easy for growing vegetables in a small garden as well as a large one
The sooner you plant the seeds the sooner they’ll grow. Don’t regret not starting your home grown veg adventure today!
Free First Class Delivery in the UK on all seeds.
Home Grown Life
We’re working every day to help everyone who is interested in growing vegetables at home. We help you to find veg you can grow indoors, vegetables to grow in an apartment and we’re here to help those growing vegetables in a small garden. We’ll show you the easiest vegetables to grow, and give you veg seeds and starter packs so you can start your home grown veg adventure today. Please let us know if you have any ideas or questions.
🌿 How to grow Red Onion – Red Baron from seed
- Sow directly into well drained soil in the full sun
- Sow seeds around 1cm deep and around 30cm between rows
- When the seedlings are large enough to handle thin onion seedlings to 10cm (4")
- You can also start onion seeds indoors and put them in a propagator or clear plastic bag (they want a temperature of around 10-15C)
- Keep them here until they germinate around 10-14 days later.
- Once they have germinated grow the onions on in cool conditions until the last frost and then plant them outdoors
- Place them around 10cm apart
- Cover with netting or fleece to protect the, and keep them thoroughly watered