It's a Tuesday evening, and after work, you're trying to make something tasty, nutritious but easy. Look no further, why not add some home-grown basil to your tomato sauce or whip up a home-made pesto in minutes.
You can be that person! We believe in you!
We've carefully chosen a variety called Basil Sweet Genovese which:
- Works well on a sunny windowsill
- Is easy to grown
The taste is also something pretty special. It's a delicate herb with a bold aroma.
Indoors this can be planted anytime.
The sooner you plant the seeds, the sooner they'll grow. Don't regret not planting them today.
🌱 How to grow Basil from seed
- Choose some pots/jars/small tubs to put them in, if possible, with some drainage holes (you can put a saucer underneath)
- Fill the pot with good soil
- Sprinkle just a few seeds in and cover with 0.5 cm of soil
(depending on your pot size you might have enough for a few)
- Water only slightly, in general you want to keep the compost slightly dry and water very lightly as seedlings emerge
- Choose a nice sunny spot to place your herbs
- Turn the pots every few days, so it doesn’t lean into the sun
- Let us know when you plant it, and as it grows, so we can share tips with you
- If your basil starts to look a bit crowded use scissors to thin them out.